Thursday, March 1, 2018

Nov. 19, 2017

Thanks to Matt Roberts I get to share my testimony on the Book of Mormon. Since we have the same favorite verse, I'll have to go with my second favorite here:
Vs. 15 of 3 Nephi 11: "And it came to pass that the multitude went forth, and thrust their hands into his side, and did feel the prints of the nails in his hands and in his feet; and this they did do, going forth one by one until they had all gone forth, and did see with their eyes and did feel with their hands, and didknow of a surety and did bear record, that it was he, of whom it was written by the prophets, that should come."
Sometimes we imagine this event very differently than it seems that it really happened. The phrase one by one touches me the most. He literally has every single one of those Nephites come up and "thrust" their hand into His side and feel His nailmarks and talk with Him. One timeless moment for each of them to laugh and cry and smile with him. What a beautiful moment that must of been. As I read this verse the Spirit testifies to me that the Lord truly loves each of us individually and that someday we will all have the opportunity to have such a meeting with the Savior where time seems to standstill and all our desires and wishes are quenched by the power of His love. Until then I depend on this verse coupled with 2 Nephi 2:4 "And thou hast beheld in thy youth his glory; wherefore, thou art blessed even as they unto whom he shall minister in the flesh; for the Spirit is the same, yesterday, today, and forever." I know He lives. I know we will see Him again and He will welcome us into His arms if we will only reach out.

No comments:

Post a Comment