Thursday, March 1, 2018

Oct 25th Book of Mormon Challenge 2


I was challenged by THE Hannah Johnson to share my testimony on the Book of Mormon by sharing my favorite verse.
Helaman 3:29;
“Yea, we see that whosoever will may lay hold upon the word of God, which is quick and powerful, which shall divide asunder all the cunning and the snares and the wiles of the devil, and lead the man of Christ in a strait and narrow course across that everlasting gulf of misery which is prepared to engulf the wicked--“
I don’t know about you, but deciphering between right and wrong is becoming increasingly difficult, and honestly emphasized less and less. When it seems like every moral compass on the planet has a magnet next to it, I’m grateful for the Book of Mormon that will always point to true North, point us back to the savior, and back home!



I received the Book of Mormon challenge from Matt Roberts.
My favorite Book of Mormon scripture is found in Alma 37. Speaking of the Liahona, Alma says:
“44 For behold, it is as easy to give heed to the word of Christ, which will point to you a straight course to eternal bliss, as it was for our fathers to give heed to this compass, which would point unto them a straight course to the promised land.
45 And now I say, is there not a type in this thing? For just as surely as this director did bring our fathers, by following its course, to the promised land, shall the words of Christ, if we follow their course, carry us beyond this vale of sorrow into a far better land of promise.”
Isn’t that beautiful? This life is full of hardships but God, lovingly have us the gospel, which is so easy to follow. If we but follow the course of the gospel, we will be carried beyond this vale of sorrow into a far better land of promise.

I was challenge by Matt Roberts to share my testimony on the Book of Mormon by sharing my favorite verse.
Helaman 5:12
"12 And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.."
I love this verse because it help us to understand how we can keep our testimonies stronger and rely our Savior always. If you do it, so that Satan can't destroy you. I'm grateful Our Heavenly Father for His Gospel and His Son who came here for purpose to salvation us if we will learn and follow His example. I promise you when you willing to read the Book of Mormon everyday, so that your testimony will become stronger and Satan CAN'T destroy you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment